Josh’s 2020 Holiday Toy & Food Drive
We’re supporting one of our longtime ReStore team members, Josh, in his effort to provide toys and food to local families in need.
If you would like to help, please drop off your donation on or before the end of day on Wednesday, December 23rd.
As our way to say thanks, we are offering a 10% discount on your entire ReStore purchase.*
If you would like to donate toys, they should be new, unwrapped, and preferably in the $15 or above price range (books can be less). Here are some ideas for what to donate:
- Board & card games (Uno, Tenzi, Bananagrams, Candyland, etc.)
- Sporting goods (especially balls of all kinds)
- Building sets (Legos, Lincoln Logs, Mega Blocks)
- Play kitchen items (utensils and play food)
- Dolls & action figures
- Books (kids love anything by Mo Willems, Drew Daywalt or Dr. Seuss!)
- Arts & craft items, science, and collection kits
- Kid’s blankets (we have some fuzzy Disney blankets that would make a great donation!)
Josh would appreciate donations of food that is “shelf-stable” or nonperishable, i.e. food that can be kept in your pantry and won’t go bad. Please only donate food that hasn’t reached its “sell-by” date yet. Need ideas? Following are the food items families will appreciate:
- Peanut butter
- Canned soup
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Canned stew
- Canned fish
- Dried or canned beans
- Pasta (most prefer whole grain)
- Rice (most prefer brown rice)
- Boxed cookies & crackers
Donate Gift Cards
Don’t have time to shop for a toy or food item? Gift cards also make great gifts for families!
- City Market
*10% off available in person and on the day of donation only.
Help us build affordable homes with the people we need in our community
Families who partner with us build their own homes alongside volunteers, pay an affordable mortgage and are grateful for your help.